Monday, April 18, 2011

It is solved by walking

Last night I had a very unique experience. I walked the labyrinth with the youth group as we mediated on our participation in the Kingdom Experiments and what it was like to try to live the beatitudes. At the end of the night, Dev Crist, invited us to walk the labyrinth as a group. It has inspired me to pray:

Oh God, I celebrate this morning all the ways communities push us, pull us, and drag us on the path. I give thanks for the ones who lead and the ones who follow. O God, physically being on a path helped me to see, not only that we need each other, but that we already have each other and we need to come together to find our direction. We need to come together in you oh God. May the shuffles of our feet, the stretching of our hands, and the connectedness we already have in you, be further strengthened so that we might live as your people daily. May it be so.

No comments: