Saturday, March 26, 2011

Snow on a Spring day

Living in St. Louis I have found one thing is always constant, the weather is always going to change. I never know if I will wake up to find sun, rain, snow, wind, or other outside my window. Although it is technically a spring day and I expected and hoped to find flowers and sun and maybe a rain shower, I was greeted by spring snowflakes. Go figure.

But this surprise of snow reminded me that is life. It is the unexpected, the joys, the challenges, and certainly the stuff that I thought was behind me. So, I decided to rejoin the blogging world.

I have decided I want to create a space that is open for my prayers, my hopes, and a new spiritual practice for myself. And if there is anyone out there who is willing to come and long and have this conversation with me, great.

This space is going to be used as a space for me to offer some prayers. I am eager to hear new ways and ideas to be open to the spirit of God in our midst from anyone who wants to comment.

I know I often find the Spirit of God in nature, in my son, in conversations with people, while in my car, and in places that surprise me. My hope in sharing these prayers is to be more intentional and more watchful for that spirit and to be open to the luring of God. I hope you join me in praying and finding new ways to pay attention....

God, I delight in the unexpected ways that you pop up in my life. In snow on a spring day, you remind me that life is not always what I expect it to be. May I be open to things that are surprising. May they teach me. I know my first response is to be upset and grumpy. Instead help me to take delight and try to catch snowflakes on my tongue. Amen.

No comments: